Thursday, July 27, 2006

Floyd Landis, Doping? No Way.

I'm sure you've seen that Floyd Landis is now accused of doping.

Sorry. I don't buy it. I don't want to buy it. No one can tell me that this guy was that painfully, unbelievably stupid.

I watched him win the Tour of California. I saw him go dutifully to the drug testing van after every stage where he held the yellow jersey.

He's never cheated before. Why would he cheat now? Using something as easily detected as a steroid? It's nuts. This is a guy who was sheepish about drinking a beer. He's so unimposing that his mouth barely moves when he talks to the press. And he's consistently passed drug tests throughout his career. As well as throughout the Tour this year. Until stage 17.

Of course, it doesn't matter much what the truth is, when people like Greg Lemond say stuff like this:

“If there’s any positive outcome on this, I hope, for the sport’s sake, that Floyd has the courage to come clean on everything. He needs to say everything about the sport, what’s happened in the past, what’s happening right now. We need to be transparent about it, so we can look at the sport and say, ‘How do we fix it?’ ”

Um. What if he's innocent?

Sorry, no way. No how. He didn't do it. Right?...


Quick update: I did a bit of research. The steroid he allegedly took can improve recovery time. Floyd's turnaround from stage 16 to 17 was amazing. But I'm still unconvinced.


Technorati Tag:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home