- Bush is elected, and we disengage from the Mideast peace process.
- Iran starts to thaw, under a moderate president.
- 9/11 happens.
- We invade Iraq, because of 9/11 to stop wmd to spread freedom to fight terrorism to stay the course.
- Iran drifts back to fundamentalism and anti-Israel, anti-US rhetoric.
- Hezbollah and Hamas gain new momentum.
- Hezbollah and Hamas kidnap Israeli soldiers.
- Israel retaliates.
- Six people get shot at the Jewish Federation in Seattle.
Naveed Afzal Haq is a sad, sick individual. I do not blame our country's policies for his crime. And I don't think the Democrats have a better solution, by the way. But every action has consequences. We are not safer than we were before we started the war on terror. This is just one more indication that we've only made the world an angrier, unhappier place.